What Goes Where?
Brown Cart - This cart is for loose, unbagged yard debris.
Gray Cart - This cart is for bagged trash.
Green Cart - This cart is for loose, unbagged recycling. Find our recycling guidelines here.
The Solid Waste Division of the Public Services Department operates under the direction of the Assistant Director of Public Services. There are nine members of the Solid Waste team, led by a Solid Waste Superintendent. This division provides approximately 8,528 households with weekly (One and Done) pickup of garbage, recycling, and yard debris.
All carts must be placed curbside prior to 7:00 am on each scheduled day, three feet apart from any obstruction, and with space between carts. In addition, Village ordinance requires residents to return all carts to storage by the end of the collection day.
For Special Pickups (Metals, Moving Boxes), please request a Special Pickup via MYVOP.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Operating automated/semi-automated trash trucks and small garbage trucks (11 total) to collect trash, recycling, and yard debris
- Recycling approximately 172 tons of curbside recyclables monthly
- Removing approximately 370 tons of curbside household refuse monthly
- Removing approximately 2260 tons of yard debris annually. Much more if weather related issues like hurricanes or tropical storms come into area.
- Providing Assisted Pickup when needed. Please submit an Assisted Pickup Request with MYVOP.
Glass Recycling Information click here.
Household Hazardous Waste Information, click here.
The Solid Waste Division is located at 700 McCaskill Road East and can be reached at 910-295-5021 between the hours of 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.