The Solid Waste Division of the Public Services Department operates under the direction of the Assistant Director of Public Services. There are nine members of the Solid Waste team, led by a Solid Waste Superintendent. This division provides approximately 8,150 households with weekly (One and Done) pickup of garbage, recycling, and yard debris.
All carts must be placed curbside prior to 7:00 am on each scheduled day, three feet apart from any obstruction, and with space between carts. In addition, Village ordinance requires residents to return all carts to storage by the end of the collection day.
For information on recent changes to what's accepted for recycling, see our Recyclable Materials and Guidelines page.
For information on Household Hazardous Waste, click here.
Solid Waste functions include:
- Operating automated/semi-automated trash trucks and small garbage trucks (10 total) to collect trash, recycling,
and yard debris
- Recycling approximately 163 tons of curbside recyclables monthly
- Removing approximately 342 tons of curbside household refuse monthly
- Removing approximately 1,884 tons of yard debris annually
- Provides Assisted Pick-up when needed.
The Solid Waste Division is located at 700 McCaskill Road East and can be reached at 910-295-5021 Monday - Friday between the hours of 7:00am and 3:30pm.