Procedures During COVID-19 Pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and out of concern for the safety and health of our staff and customers, we have changed the procedures for interacting with our Planning & Inspections staff:
- The most efficient way to apply for permits is via our Online Permit Center.
- We will not accept walk-in customers. Appointments with staff are available if made 24 hours in advance. Find staff contact information by using our online staff directory.
- If you prefer to drop off hard copies of applications and supporting materials, they must be placed in a drop box located in the Village Hall lobby vestibule. The documents will be quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours before processing by staff.
- Instructions for accessing the drop box: To have the Village Hall lobby vestibule unlocked during business hours, call the front desk staff at 910-295-1900, option 0. Once inside, place your materials in the drop box. Permit applications and plan sets must be folded to fit into the drop box. Do not place rolled plan sets in the drop box. Alternatively, use a jump drive or email plans to the appropriate staff member.
- Cash payments will not be accepted. Payments can be made by credit card (call the front desk at 910-295-1900, option 0) or by a check mailed to us (395 Magnolia Road, Pinehurst, 28374) or left in the dropbox with your materials.
- Permit documents will be mailed or emailed back to the applicants once the permit is issued. For anything that requires a signature, an appointment must be made.
If you would like to speak with a building inspector or a member of our planning staff, please call or email them directly to schedule an appointment, using the contact information below:
- Jamie Reed | firstname.lastname@example.org | 910.295.8661 (Residential permits and zoning questions)
- Scott Thomas | email@example.com | 910.295-8663 (Building inspections)
- Jeff Stout | firstname.lastname@example.org | 910.295.8666 (Building inspections)
- Peter Hughes | email@example.com | 910-295-8659 (Historic Certificates of Occupancy and Floodplain Development)
- Alex Cameron | firstname.lastname@example.org | 910-295-8664 (Commercial Development, Subdivisions, etc.)
Thanks in advance for your cooperation as we navigate through these extraordinary times while trying to maintain the best possible customer service.
Apply for a Permit
Visit our Online Permit Center to apply for a permit or check the status of your permit application.
Click here to access detailed, step by step instructions for using our Online Permit Center.
Building & Planning Permit Fees and Charges can be found here.
For a list of permit applications, visit our document library.
Commercial permits are required for:
- New construction
- Interior changes
Residential permits are required for:
- Construction of new homes
- Extension or repair of plumbing, electrical, or mechanical systems
- Home additions and alterations such as: Pools, Decks, Patios, Accessory buildings/sheds, Gazebos, Trellises, Arbors, Porch enclosures, Walkways, Docks, Bulkheads, Fences, Retaining Walls, Columns, Driveways
Permits are also required for propane tanks, home occupations, irrigation wells, clearing, demolition, beekeeping in the Local Historic District (LHD), tree removal, LHD playground equipment, and LHD exterior alterations. Find a complete list of our permit applications here or visit our online Permitting Center.