The Pinehurst Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of programs geared towards all ages from children to senior adults, including organized athletic leagues, arts and crafts classes, exercise classes, special events, and festivals. Programs are designed with the residents of Pinehurst in mind, but are open to all Moore County residents.
The department is also responsible for Cannon Park and Camelot Playground, Rassie Wicker Park and the Splash Pad, West Pinehurst Community Park, James W. Tufts Memorial Park, Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan implementation, the Arboretum, the Fair Barn and the Pinehurst Harness Track.
Focus areas include:
- Providing 62 youth recreational programs annually serving approximately 2,866 participants
- Providing 127 adult recreational programs annually serving approximately 2,006 participants
- Offering 63 cultural events each year attended by approximately 37,820 residents and visitors
- Providing quality facilities and infrastructure to promote recreational activities
- To view or download our latest Activity Guide, click here.
- For information about the Cannon Park Community Center, visit our Community Center page.
- To view or download our Comprehensive Bicycle Master Plan, click here
- To view or download our Comprehensive Pedestrian Master Plan, click here.
- For information on equipment check-out for various activities, click here.
Parks and Greenway Trails
- For more information about our parks and greenway trails, click here. To view or download a map of our parks and trails, click here.
Parks and Recreation Connection
We are committed to connecting and enriching our community through exceptional experiences even when you need to play at home! Click here for more information.
- Register online for Parks and Recreation programs at pinehurstrec.org.
- While participating in any Village of Pinehurst program, activity or while visiting our facilities, parks and events, patrons consent to having their image captured by official photographers and videographers. The resulting materials, including still photos, video, and audio recordings, may be used by the Village of Pinehurst without restriction or financial compensation in news materials, promotional materials, social media, our website, and other properties. If you do not wish for yourself and/or children to be photographed, please inform the photographer at that time.