Solid Waste and Storm Debris Collection
All solid waste will be collected on its usual schedule for the week of September 17-21.
Between September 17 and October 5, the Village is suspending the requirement for yard debris to be completely contained within a cart. Please place your loose yard debris curbside and do not bag it, do not place it on the road, and do not put it in a ditch. Beginning Monday, September 17, our Public Services yard, located at 700 McCaskill Road, will also be open for residents Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm for you to drop off loose yard debris. Commercial landscape services will not have access to the Public Services yard.
For questions about solid waste collection, please call our Public Services department at 295-5021.
What to do During a Power Outage
The Village of Pinehurst and surrounding areas are experiencing prolonged power outages due to Hurricane Florence. To report a power outage or to ask about estimated power restoration timelines, call Duke Energy Progress at 1-800-452-2777.
During a power outage:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed. The refrigerator will keep food cold for about four hours. A full freezer will keep the temperature for about 48 hours. Use coolers with ice if necessary. Monitor temperatures with a thermometer. For information about food safety after a power outage, click here.
- Maintain food supplies that do not require refrigeration.
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Generators, camp stoves, or charcoal grills should always be used outdoors and at least 20 feet away from windows. Never use a gas stovetop or oven to heat your home. For information about safely operating a generator, click here.
- Check on your neighbors. Older adults and young children are especially vulnerable to extreme temperatures.
- Go to a community location with power if heat is extreme.
- Turn off or disconnect appliances, equipment, or electronics. Power may return with momentary “surges” or “spikes” that can cause damage.
A printable version of power outage safety tips can be found here.