In Pinehurst, residents have access to one of the top performing public school systems in North Carolina and several private school options. Pinehurst students are assigned to the following public schools based on the location of their residence.
- Pinehurst Elementary (K-5) is located in the heart of the Village.
- West Pine Elementary (K-5) is located just a few minutes outside of Pinehurst.
- West Pine Middle School (6-8) is conveniently located beside West Pine Elementary.
- Pinecrest High School (9-12) is located a few minutes outside of Pinehurst and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as the 15th top-performing school in the State of North Carolina.
Plans are also underway to open a new Advanced Career Center high school in 2019 that will offer unique curriculum to prepare students for careers in health services, skilled contracting services, global leadership, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
- Calvary Christian School
- Episcopal Day School
- The O'Neal School
- Pope John Paul II Catholic School
- Sandhills Classical Christian School
- Longleaf Academy
Moore County also boasts one of the most beautiful community college campuses in the state of North Carolina. Sandhills Community College (SCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associated degrees, diplomas, and certificates in 35 programs.