As a new resident of the Village of Pinehurst, you've recently made some big changes. We want to provide information and resources to help establish your new life in Pinehurst.
This information may ease your transition to your new community:
Police and Fire
For all emergencies always call 911 first.
Download our MY VOP app to submit your service requests and to find other information such as special events, news, and more today! The app is available in the iOS App Store and Google Play.
Pinehurst is served by both regional and international airports. Below are the airports along with their distance from Pinehurst.
- Moore County Airport (about 6 miles)
- Fayetteville Regional Airport (about 45 miles)
- Raleigh Durham International Airport (about 75 miles)
- Piedmont Triad International Airport (about 80 miles)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (about 100 miles)
Newcomers of Pinehurst
Newcomers of the Pinehurst Area welcomes those new to the area as well as those who are interested in meeting new people and participating in fun social activities. Visit their website at newcomersofpinehurst.com for monthly calendars and newsletters.
The Village is governed by a Mayor and a four-member Council. All are elected in non-partisan races, held in odd numbered years, and serve four-year staggered terms. The Village has chosen the Council/Manager form of government which generally gives policy-making responsibility to the Council and administrative responsibilities, including personnel decisions, to the Manager. The Manager and the elected officials work hand in hand to develop sound policies, plans and financial decisions. Village Council meetings and work sessions are open to the public. Council members conduct regular meetings and work sessions on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month. Regular Meeting begin at 4:30 pm and work session are immediately following. All Council meetings are held in Assembly Hall. Click here for the 2018 meeting schedule.
Boards and Commissions
Like most communities, the Village of Pinehurst offers many opportunities for volunteer service. These volunteer services are offered through the following:
- Beautification Committee
- Board of Adjustment & Planning and Zoning Board
- Community Watch
- Greenway Wildlife Habitat Committee
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Neighborhood Advisory Committee
- Welcome Center
In order to maintain our beautiful village, permits are required for many activities. The Planning and Inspections Department can answer many questions or you can access our document library to find permit applications for:
- Fences, walls, pet houses or similar structures
- Decks, swimming pools and outdoor spas
- Bulkheads and docks
- Propane tanks
- Residential change-out or upgrades (e.g. heating & air conditioning units)
- Home occupations
- Irrigation wells
- Playground equipment
*Note: If you are moving into a gated community, check for additional governance rules.
As a Village resident, you are also a resident of Moore County. Five Commissioners serve four- year staggered terms and are chosen in partisan elections held in even numbered years. Some of the County’s responsibilities include schools, social services, and health services.
Public schools in Pinehurst are a part of the Moore County Schools headquartered in Carthage- 910-947-2976.
Pinehurst schools include:
- Pinehurst Elementary School - 910-295-6969
- West Pine Elementary School - 910-673-2004
- West Pine Middle School - 910-673-1464
- Pinecrest High School - 910-692-6554
Private schools in the area include:
- Calvary Christian School (Southern Pines) - 910-692-8311
- Episcopal Day School (Southern Pines) - 910-692-3492
- Pope Paul II (Southern Pines) - 910-692-6241
- The O’Neal School (Southern Pines) - 910-692-6920
Post-Secondary Education in the area includes:
- Sandhills Community College - 910-692-6185
Health Care and Senior Services
Some larger clinics or facilities in the area include:
- Carolina Eye Associates - 910-295-2100
- Center for Health and Fitness - 910-715-1800
- Pinehurst Dermatology - 910-295-5567
- Pinehurst Medical Clinic - 910-295-5511
- Pinehurst Neurology - 910-295-6868
- Pinehurst Radiology - 910-295-4400
- Pinehurst Surgical - 910-295-6831
- Sandhills Urgent Care - 910-692-5555
- Sandhills Center for Mental Health - 910-673-9111
- Moore County Senior Enrichment Center- 910- 215-0900
Pinehurst Greenway Trail
People of all ages enjoy walking, jogging, or biking along the trail that runs through the Pinehurst area. The corridor of green space includes woods and open meadows.
The Greenway Wildlife Habitat Committee is responsible for the Pinehurst Conservation Commission’s efforts to protect habitats for wildlife in public areas starting with the Pinehurst Greenway. The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for building and maintaining the trail. When completed, the trail will cover 24 miles through Pinehurst. Map of current trail is available.
Code Red System
The Village of Pinehurst has instituted the CodeRED Emergency Notification System. Click here to find out more about this system and how to sign up.
Progress Energy (800-452-2777)
- Centurylink.com (866-904-1817)
- Hughesnet.com (877-327-1156)
- Spectrum (910-692-6684)
- Direct.TV (877-644-1928)
- DISH (888-321-7209
- Exede - (855-62702553)
- FrontierInternet.com - (844-874-6108)
Telephone (Land line):
Moore County Public Utilities (910-947-6315)
Piedmont Natural Gas (800-275-6264)
Trash Pick-Up, Recycling and Yard Waste
- Pinewild - Waste Management (1-888-964-9730)
- Moore County Landfill - off Hwy. 5 South- 456 Turning Leaf Way (910-295-4202)
- Free mulch is available at this landfill.
You may register to vote at the Department of Motor Vehicles, Libraries, or Moore County Board of Elections in Carthage, call 910-947-3868, or click here.
- The Pilot (Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays) - 910-692-7271
- The News and Observer (Raleigh- daily) - 800- 522-4205
- The Fayetteville Observer (Fayetteville- daily) - 800-722-0457
Driver's License, Registration and Vehicle Inspection
NC Department of Motor Vehicles is located at 521 S. Sandhills Blvd. (U.S. 1) in Aberdeen, or call 910-944-7555, or visit ncdot.org/dmv/
The NC License Plate Agency is located in the Town and Country Shopping Center on U.S. 1 in Aberdeen, or call 910-944-1303, or visit ncdot.org/dmv/
Mail, Zip Codes, Area Code
US Post Office- Pinehurst South at 80 Blake Blvd. (910-295-1231)
The Zip Code for Pinehurst is 28374 for both delivery and PO boxes.
The area code in Pinehurst is 910.
The Given Memorial Library is located at 150 Cherokee Road in downtown Pinehurst. They are open Monday - Friday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm and Saturday from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm. You can contact the library at 910-295-6022.
The Tufts Archives/Pinehurst History Museum is located in the Given Memorial Library.