Moore County Emergency Shelter
The Moore County Department of Social Services, Health Department, Red Cross, and Moore County Animal Service have an emergency shelter for those seeking shelter from the effects of Hurricane Florence. For questions, call Moore County at 910-947-6317.
Location 1: Moore County Ag Building, 707 Pinehurst Avenue, Carthage, NC 28327
Shelter Rules and Regulations:
- Children under 18 years of age, with the exception of emancipated minors, must be accompanied by an adult when entering the shelter and remain in the custody of the guardian during their stay.
- Residents are instructed not to bring alcohol, drugs, guns or other weapons, “boom boxes”, radios, TVs, or perishable goods. Law enforcement will have the authority to search bags and confiscate any items brought into the shelter.
- Residents utilizing public shelter spaces are instructed to bring medications, blankets, special dietary foods/formulas, and a supply of food for personal consumption.
- Public shelters should be considered “shelters of last resort” with very basic provisions for a safe and dry environment to include a cot for sleeping and limited meal capabilities.
- Dogs and cats will be accepted for people staying in the shelter. Bring pet supplies.