The Planning and Inspections Director reports directly to the Village Manager and serves as a member of the senior leadership team. The Planning Department consists of two Planners, a Planning Technician, Code Enforcement Officer, and Administrative Assistant. The Department provides planning services for the Village as well as its extra territorial jurisdictions (ETJ) to preserve and enhance the community’s unique character and ambience.
- Coordinating the plan review process for the Community Appearance Commission and the Historic Preservation Commission
- Coordinating rezoning, text amendments, and appeals with the Planning and Zoning Board and the Board of Adjustment
- Reviewing plans for approximately 240 residential projects for zoning compliance annually with
an estimated permit value of $40,000,000
- Reviewing 10 commercial development plans on average in the Village and expansion areas
- Conducting approximately 50 code enforcement inspections monthly
The Planning Department, along with Building Inspections, is located in Village Hall at 395 Magnolia Road and can be reached at (910) 295-2581.