The Village of Pinehurst purchases a wide variety of materials, supplies, equipment and services through a decentralized purchasing system managed individually by divisions and departments throughout the Village.
Competitive bidding practices are utilized as required by North Carolina General Statutes and the Village of Pinehurst Policies and Procedures to ensure that the Village is able to obtain the best value for goods and services through open vendor competition. Qualified bidders are invited to compete for the Village's business by submitting informal quotations or formal responses to Request for Proposals when the Village needs to contract for materials, equipment or services. Request for Proposals are publicly advertised in local newspapers, and a vendor may request a copy of any current Request for Proposals by contacting the Financial Services department. Prospective vendors may receive future mailings for bid requests if they request to be placed on the vendor list. To be placed on the vendor list, call the Financial Services department at (910) 295-1900.
TYPES AND METHODS OF PURCHASING
Informal Bid Process
For purchases between $5,000 and $90,000 (less than $300,000 for construction and repairs), three written quotes are obtained by departmental staff.
Formal Bid Process
When the item or service to be procured is estimated to cost over $90,000 (greater than $300,000 for construction and repairs), an invitation for formal bids will be advertised. Sealed bids may be received from all interested vendors. The Village's policy is to obtain goods and services of the highest quality for the lowest cost. Bid awards and contracts will be issued to the lowest responsible bidder. Final awards are approved by the Village Council.
Purchases of less than $5,000 can be made without a formal invitation for bids or request for quotes. Every effort should be made to obtain written competitive quotes; however, verbal quotes will also be accepted.
GENERAL CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS
Contractors with the Village of Pinehurst, NC will be required to execute a hold harmless agreement with the Village of Pinehurst, NC prior to any contract execution.
Contractors with the Village of Pinehurst, NC will be required to procure and maintain, for the duration of the contract, the following insurance policies. A certificate of insurance listing the Village of Pinehurst, NC as additionally insured must be provided prior to any contract execution. Note: specific insurance types and requirements may vary by type of contract.
- Worker's Compensation Coverage - Insurance covering all employees meeting statutory limits in compliance with the applicable state and federal laws. The coverage must include employers' liability with a minimum limit of $500,000.00 for each accident, $500,000.00 bodily injury by disease, each employee; and $500,000.00 bodily injury by disease.
- General Liability Coverage - Coverage shall have minimum limits of $1,000,000.00 general aggregate, products/completed operations aggregate, personal and advertising liability and each occurrence. This shall include premises and operations, independent contractors, products and completed operations, broad form property damage, XCU coverage, if applicable and contractual liability. The coverage shall be written on an occurrence basis.
- Automobile Liability Coverage - Coverage shall have minimum limit of $1,000,000.00 per occurrence, combined single limit for bodily injury liability and property damage liability. This shall include owned vehicles, hired and non-owned vehicles.
- Professional Liability Coverage - If providing professional services such as legal, architectural, engineering, accounting or other service requiring specific licensure, coverage shall have minimum limits of $1,000,000.00 per occurrence for errors and omissions.
- Excess or Umbrella Liability Insurance (Over Primary) - At the option of the contractor, the limits of the primary general liability, auto liability and employers' liability may be less than stipulated herein, with an excess policy providing the additional limits needed. This form of coverage must be approved by the Village and will only be acceptable when both the primary and excess policies include the coverage and endorsements required herein.
OPEN BIDS WILL BE LISTED BELOW
2016 Harness Track Water Truck Bid Invitation due by 5:00 pm (local time) 11/28/16