The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee serves as an advisory committee to the Pinehurst Village Council in order to advise and make recommendations for the Bicycle Plan and Pedestrian Plan and help set priorities for new facilities or enhancement of existing routes on the plans.
- Advise and make recommendations to the Village Council regarding the Bicycle Plan and Pedestrian Plan.
- Set priorities for new facilities or enhancement of existing routes in the plans.
- Identify and prioritize critical gaps in facilities and advise which gaps require town action.
- Recommend pedestrian and bikeway priorities for local, state, and federal projects.
- Promote walking and biking as alternative modes of transportation, with emphasis on educating school age children on safe, effective bicycling and walking.
- Work with regional organizations to coordinate regional bikeway linkages.