Go to:

History, Charm and Southern Hospitality

Frequently Asked Questions

Page 1 of 8    1 2 3 4 5Next

Can I reserve the park for a birthday party?

Camelot Playground may be used for birthday parties, but it remains open to the public at all times. The picnic shelter at Cannon Park is available for private rentals. Visit the Help Desk to request a reservation.

What time does the Village Hall Open?

Office hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

How do I check the availability of Village facilities for rental?

You can reserve Village facilities by visiting the Citizen Service Desk or by calling Village Hall at (910) 295-1900.

How do I register to vote?

Residents can download a “Voter Registration” form from the Moore County Board of Elections.

Where can I find the Pinehurst Village Ordinances?

The Pinehurst Development Ordinance (PDO), the Pinehurst Municipal Code, and other Village Ordinances are accessible through the Document Library.

What methods of payment does the Village of Pinehurst accept?

The Village accepts cash, credit cards and checks made payable to the Village of Pinehurst.

How do I add my contact information to the reverse 911 system?

You can update or add your contact information online or you can contact Village Hall at (910) 295-1900.

What can be done about the water runoff onto my property caused by new construction?

A silt fence may be required by the building inspector. If this fence has fallen, please allow 48 hours for the builder to repair the fence. After this time, you may contact the Inspections Department at (910) 295-2581.

How do I get a copy of the Engineering CD which lists specific details for a particular project and the necessary forms?

The Engineering CD may be obtained at the Front Desk at Village Hall, or you can call (910) 295-1900 to request a copy by mail.

I have a closing scheduled for today. How soon can I get my CO?

A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) will be issued once the final building, fire, Community Appearance Commission (CAC), and zoning inspections are completed and approved by staff.

What requires a permit and what fees are charged?

If a building or structure is removed, altered, repaired, converted or maintained, it is probable that a permit is required. Fees vary based on permit type and are listed in the Village Fees and Charges Schedule. All permit applications can be found in the Document Library and must be submitted to the Planning and Inspections Department in person at 395 Magnolia Rd.

When can I submit my permit application?

Applications for propane tanks, irrigation wells, single trades, temporary use permits, lot clearing, home occupations, play equipment, and permanent signage may be submitted any weekday during business hours, from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. All other types of permit applications must be submitted on Wednesdays, between the hours of 8:30 am - 1:30 pm.

How long does it take to get a permit approved?

The approval process varies in length depending on the type of permit requested. Single trade (plumbing, irrigation, mechanical and electrical), propane tank, play equipment and clearing permits can be approved at the time the application is submitted. Permits for fences are approved in two weeks (for residents not living in the Local Historic District). For property located in the Historic District, approval for a project can take up to two months. Building permits for single family homes, additions, decks, and pools can take up to 4-6 weeks

Do I have to appear before the Community Appearance Commission (CAC), Planning and Zoning (P&Z), the Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) or the Board of Adjustment (BOA) as part of the permit approval process?

The CAC reviews all new construction, additions, and some alterations, in residential districts. If your property is located in the Local Historic District, an additional meeting will be required with the HPC. P&Z reviews all major site plans, permanent signage, rezonings, land use plans, subdivisions, and changes to the Pinehurst Development Ordinance (PDO). The BOA hears all cases concerning variances and appeals. If you are required to meet with one of these boards, their approval is necessary before your permit can be issued.

How do I know if my property is located within the Local Historic District?

TheLocal Historic District Map identifies which properties are included in the district.

Page 1 of 8    1 2 3 4 5Next

The Village of Pinehurst

is a charming, vibrant community which reflects our rich history and traditions.

Village of Pinehurst
395 Magnolia Road
Pinehurst, NC 28374
Business Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm

Copyright © 2016 by Village of Pinehurst

Developed and Hosted by Accuraty Solutions